Mold Inspector Resume Online
A ACCREDITED MOLD INSPECTION SERVICE, INC.
6742 Forest Hill Blvd # 271 West Palm Beach, Florida 33413
Phone: 561 966-8868 Fax: 561 966-3448
XAVIER UNIVERSITY, Cincinnati, Ohio Bachelor degree in Education for Teaching Biology and General Science. Graduated with a BS Degree in 1990
COLLEGE SCIENCE COURSES COMPLETED
Bacteriology, Bacteriology Lab, Ecology, Ecology Lab, Zoology, Zoology Lab, Botany, Botany Lab, Biology, Biology Lab, Genetics, Animal Behavior, Principles of chemistry I, Principles of chemistry I Lab, Principles of chemistry II, Principles of chemistry II Lab, Energy Physics, Energy Physics Lab, Geology, Geology Lab, Collage Physics I, Collage Physics Lab I, Collage Physics II, Collage Physics Lab II.
PROFESSIONAL MOLD INSPECTOR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
FOUNDER / PRESIDENT OF A ACCREDITED MOLD INSPECTION SERVICE, INC. West Palm Beach, Florida 3/03 to Present
Sparked by my life long interest in the biological sciences and by my educational background I started providing mold inspector related services in 2003 as an integral part of my home inspection business. A Accredited Mold Inspection Service, Inc. is separate from the home inspection business. I have preformed mold inspector duties full time since starting in 2003. During mold inspections a knowledge of building science, general science, and basic logic are combined with years of mold inspector experience to aid in determining the causes and likely consequences of mold and general indoor air quality problems, as wells as solutions to such problems in both commercial and residential settings. Reports are written in a very detailed and professional manner to avoid liability.
FOUNDER / PRESIDENT OF A ACCREDITED HOME INSPECTION SERVICE, INC. West Palm Beach, Florida 4/94 to Present
I started a successful home inspection company in the spring of 1994. My duties include pre-purchase inspection of single family homes, town homes, condos, and other properties for sale to prospective buyers, as well as 3 and 4 point insurance inspections. I produce a comprehensive and detailed computer generated report of all defects inside and around the property.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND REHABILITATIVE SERVICES. West Palm Beach, Florida 4/91 to 1994
Health and safety inspector- 50% of my duties involved conducting health inspections of Florida State licensed facilities assuring sanitary and safe conditions and compliance with rules and regulations abstracted from Florida State Statutes. Establishments inspected included nursing homes, retirement homes, family day care centers, bars, and trailer parks. The other 50% of my duties involved the investigation of health complaints from the public regarding public health hazards such as failing septic systems, illegal dumping, rats and roaches, and odors. I was responsible for giving citations to responsible parties regarding public health hazards, and seeing that public health hazards were abated. Besides the standard in house training and certifications related to health inspections and food safety, we also were certified as fire safety inspectors.
State of Florida Fire Collage April 19-23rd 1993 Ocala Florida. FSFC 310 -Special Fire Safety Inspector Certification Course.
- Designation: Licensed mold assessor License Number: MRSA 328 We have done mold assessments since 2003 but our initial mold assessment license was obtained on 1-26-11 as no mold assessments licenses were required prior to that time. Granting Authority /Department of Business and Professional Regulations Tallahassee: 1-26-11.
- Designation: Licensed Home Inspector License Number: HI 2411. We have done home inspections since 1994 but our initial home inspection license was obtained on 3-3-11 as their were no home inspection license requirements prior to that time. Granting Authority /Department of Business and Professional Regulations Tallahassee: 3-3-11.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY/ MOLD / AND HOME INSPECTION RELATED CERTIFICATIONS:
- Designation: Microscopic Fungal Spore Analysis
- Granting Authority/ Trainer: Mc Crone Research Institute Chicago, IL Aug 9th to Sept 2nd 2005
- Designation(s): Certified Allergen Inspector
- Granting Authority/Trainer Environmental Solutions Association
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida around May 25th 2005
- Designation(s): Certified Indoor Environmentalist
- Granting Authority Indoor Air Quality Association (Current status expired)
- Trainer: Institute of Building and Science Technology
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida Sept 19th to Sept 24th 2004
- Designation(s): Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant
- Granting Authority American Council of Accredited Certification
- Trainer: Indoor Sciences
- Orlando, Florida May 12th to May 13th 2015
- Designation(s): Certified Mold Inspector
- Granting Authority/Trainer Environmental Solutions Association
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida May 24th to May 25th 2004
- Designation(s): Certified Environmental Inspector
- Granting Authority/Trainer Environmental Assessors Association
- Trainer GHH Engineering, Inc.
- On line May 16th to May 23rd 2003
- Designation(s): Certified Mold Inspector and Certified Mold Remediator
- Granting Authority/ Trainer: Certified Mold Inspectors & Contractors Institutes
- Also Known as the Professional Certification Institute
- Hurricane, Utah March 14th to March 15th 2003
- Designation(s): Certified Residential Home Inspector
- Granting Authority/ Trainer: National Association of Home Inspectors
- Orlando, Florida July 27th 2004
ADDITIONAL INDOOR AIR QUALITY/ MOLD / AND HOME INSPECTION RELATED CERTIFICATIONS:
- Trainer: Abode Building Consultants and Inspection Corporation
- I completed a total of 24 supervised on site pre-purchase home inspections under the direction of Al McNamara one of the nations first home inspectors and President of Abode Inspections.
- Delray Beach and Palm Beach, Florida 1993 to 1994
- Granting Authority/ Trainer: The Inspection Experts Everett Rawlings
- Designation(s): Home Inspection Certification Boca Raton, Florida April 12th to April 14th 1993
MOLD INSPECTOR AND HOME INSPECTOR MEMBERSHIPS:
- Over 15 National Association of Home Inspectors, Home Inspectors Association of Florida, and American Society of Home Inspectors Seminars.1993 to present.
- Indoor Air Quality Association
- American Indoor Air Quality Council
- National Association of Home Inspectors member from 1994
- June 1999 installed on the board of directors of the Home Inspectors Association of Florida for two terms.
- SCHOOLS ATTENDED IN PREPARATION FOR HOME INSPECTIONS:
- South Technical Education Center Delray Beach, Florida Air Conditioning I 54 Hours 1-31-94 to 3-3-94
- South Technical Education Center Delray Beach, Florida Air Conditioning II 54 Hours 4-12-94 to 6-9-94
- South Technical Education Center Delray Beach, Florida Residential Electrical Wiring 54 Hours 8-24-93 to 10-21-93
INSPECTIONS FOR ATTORNEYS AND ATTORNEY CLIENTS
VERA VS SECURITY FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY
Attorney for the insurance company The Schwartz law Group Chad Weatherstone 772-538-9292. Address: 6751 N Federal Hwy # 400, Boca Raton, FL 33487
Inspection Date 8-4-15 1505 Running Oak Lane Royal Palm Beach, Fl 33411
4-24-14 a leak occurred at the above residence, Unique Home Inspections took samples. I was able to calculate that they took air samples for just 15 seconds as opposed to the standards 5 min or the manufacturers recommended minimum of 2 minutes. Based this improper sampling methodology they concluded that the property was moldy and remediation was needed. Mold remediators attempted to charge the insurance company tens of thousands of dollars for remediation when all that was needed was the removal of a few baseboards. We won the case
Mario and Nevia Acosta plaintiffs VS. Southern Fidelity Insurance Company Attorneys Office Attorney Marino Gonzalez 3600 Red Road Suite 603 Miramar. Florida 33025 Tel: 954-538-1304 Fax: 954-538-1305 http://gonzalezlegal.com/index.php
Inspection Date 11-2-15 Property Address: 1066 SW 159th Way City State Zip: Pembroke Pines , Fl Insurance company claims that the leak was a slow leak and that Chaetomium is a slow growing mold. We are showing that it was a sudden leak and that the oppositions own study is being misquoted and that the mold actually grows much faster than they claim. This case is still in litigation as of 1-11-15 and will likely go to court.
LEGAL CASE THAT WENT TO COURT
Client: Deli Inn Diner
Property Address: 1494 South Military Trail
City State Zip: West Palm Beach, FL 33415.
Trial Date: 8-22-12 1:15PM to 3:30 P
Attorneys Office Attorney Marino Gonzalez 3600 Red Road Suite 603 Miramar. Florida 33025 Tel: 954-538-1304 Fax: 954-538-1305 http://gonzalezlegal.com/index.php Insurance company refused to pay for many years we were able to show the extent of damage was much more than the insurance company claimed and we won.
LEGAL CASE THAT WENT TO COURT Client: Mr. Greene Greene vs. Kutt Property Address: 209 Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd # 15B
City State Zip: Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Trial Date 11-29-12 10:30 AM to 11 :45AM Attorney Brian D. Gottlieb, Esq. Partner Morgan, Olsen & Olsen, LLP 633 South Federal Highway Suite 400A Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 Office: (954) 524-3111 Fax: (954) 463-3570 “I wanted to let you know that I received the judgment today in our favor. The judge awarded the Greene’s everything we asked for including our attorney’s fees. Thank you again for doing such a good job testifying. As I said after you testified, you did an excellent job on both direct examination and cross. If I need an expert in this area in the future I will be calling you.” We were able to show that the property our client was renting was heavily contaminated with mold and that the mold was hidden by the landlord. We won.
LEGAL CASE THAT WENT TO COURT
Client: Christopher Kendrick
Property Address: 701 NE 85th Street 112
City State Zip: Miami, FL 33138. MICHELLE SMITH as personal representative of THE ESTATE OF DOMINIQUE SMITH, deceased, Plaintiff, vs. ELDER INVESTMENTS, INC., a
Florida Profit Corportion,
Defendant. Trial Date: TBA
The Biondo Law Firm, P.A.
44 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33130
Tel. (305) 371-7326 A very young lady just out of technical school unfortunately died from a severe asthma attach after spending 10 days in the hospital. We attempted to show that the extensive mold problems in her property resulting from management company neglect of the property caused the asthma attach that led to her death. However the night before she entered the emergency room with asthma her boyfriend had physically abused her thus this abuse was found to be a contributing factor as well. Thus this was a partial win with some money awarded to our client but not as much as hoped for.
Out of over 2500 inspections for mold since 2003 roughly 3% have involved lawyers and roughly 2% have involved depositions for records only less than 1% or about 1/2 dozen have involved depositions in law offices.
Three cases went all the way to court where I had to testify in court. One at the Ft Lauderdale courthouse, one in the Miami courthouse, and the other went to the West Palm Beach Courthouse. We won two cases and had a partial victory in one case.
Some older cases involving attorneys
most involved only inspections or inspections and depositions. Inspection on small condo with moldy bathroom and health complaints for attorney’s client in Hollywood Fl 2-28-04 Inspection on small condo with moldy HVAC system and health complaints for attorney’s client in Fort Lauderdale, Florida 5-29-03 Inspection for attorney living in hurricane Francis and Hurricane Jean damaged downtown West Palm Beach high rise condo unit. 1-24-05 Inspection and Deposition for Sarasota County employees complaining of severe illness Inspection date Sept 15 2003 Deposition date for Documents and Testimony Dec 22nd 2003 P.A. Richard Lovensky
Inspection and Deposition for client complaining of severe illness in a Miami condo unit. Inspection Date 10-13-04 Deposition Date for Documents and Testimony 11-21-05 P.A. Daniel Goldstien Inspection and Deposition for client complaining of severe illness in a Miami condo unit. Inspection Date 10-13-04 2nd Deposition Date Documents Only 12-29-05 P.A. Daniel Goldstien Inspection and Deposition for client complaining of severe illness as the result of mold in her upscale Boca Raton Florida clothing shop. Inspection Date 10-16-03 Deposition Date Documents Request Only Around 11-21-05
Home Inspection done for seller referred by property seller’s attorney because of disagreements over previous inspector’s findings. Property sellers questioned the poorly written possibly bias report prepared by the home buyer’s inspector.
Inspection on a very moldy condo for attorney’s client in Miami Fl Brian J Militzok, Esq
Inspection Date 12-29-07
Inspection of attorney’s offices for the attorneys occupying those offices. Miami Florida. Robert Miller P.A.
Inspection Date 8-24-07
Over 140 documented hours as a volunteer at the Grassy Waters Nature Preserve in West Palm Beach Florida, a 20 square mile wetland wilderness in central Palm Beach County. Duties include involvement with canoe trips, dip netting, fall hay rides, guided walks, and mostly initiating, and setting up and maintaining two aquariums, two terrariums, a tree snail shell display, and of course a microscope display with compound and dissecting microscopes.
2003 to 2004.
Daryl Watters is a form developer for 3D Inspection Systems, Inc. 3D is the world’s largest home inspection software provider. As a form Developer for 3D Daryl is responsible for developing from scratch all of the text and layout for mold inspector report writing software offered by 3D Inspection Systems.
Daryl has 20 short 1 to 2 page articles on mold, humidity, and general indoor air quality issues, they can be found on various article distribution networks throughout the internet. All the articles can be accessed online from one place at: http://www.thephantomwriters.com/recent/author/daryl-watters.html
1)World Wide Mold Exposure Standards
For Mold and Bacteria
Robert Brandys, PhD, MPH, PE, CIH, CSP, CMR and Gail Brady MS, CSP, CMR
Contains lots of information on low medium and high mold spore levels in indoor environments with stats from scientist and governments from around the world.
By Mycology Professor Dr. Volk
Lots of mold biology information.
3) IESO Standards of Practice for the Assessment of Indoor Environmental Quality Vol 1
Mold Sampling: Assessment of Mold Contamination
2nd edition June 2003
Offers suggested standards for mold inspection and sampling.
4) Home Dampness and Molds, Parental Atopy, and Asthma in Childhood: a Six-year Population-based Study By Institute of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom:
Environmental Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health, University of Helsinli, Helsinki, Finland:
Department of Health Care Administration, Diwan Collage of Management, Tainan, Taiwan
The article states that mold odors has be shown to greatly increase a child’s chances of developing asthma, this is not a reaction but the development of a health condition just from mold odors.
5) BEC Bailey Engineering Corp
Ron Bailey P.E., CIAQP, CIE
Hollice Bailey P.E. CIAQP, CIE
The Paston Effect
Excellent source of information to aid in the investigation of humidity problems.
6) How Humidity is Expressed Jane R. Thorngren, Ph.D. Adjunct Instructor, Earth Sciences Palomar Community College San Marcos, California
Excellent article on relative humidity, specific humidity, temp pressure, volume, and how they relate to each other.
7) The Diagnosis and Incidence of Allergic Fungal Sinusitis
Glenn D. Roberts, PHD
Jens U. Ponikau, MD and 5 additional doctors.
Discusses the incidence of AFS in patients with chronic rhino sinusitis
8) Fungi and Human Health Effects
By: Herbert Layman Technical Director of U.S. Micro Solutions, Inc. ( Microbiology Lab)
Great reliable source of info on the health effects of mold his sources were: Clinical Mycology, 2003, Manual of Clinical Microbiology 8th edition vol 2. Manual of Environmental Microbiology, 2nd edition.
Bioaerosols Assessment and Control, CDC “Updated findings on pulmonary hemorrhage/hemosiderosis among infants.
Croft WA, Jarvis BB, and others.
9) Bioaerosols Assessment and Control
By the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
Janet Macher, Sc.D, M.P.H
Harriet A. Ammann, Ph,D., D.A.B.T.
Harriet A. Burge, Ph.D .
Donald K. Milton, M.D., Dr.P.H. M.O.H.
Philip R. Morey, Ph.D, CIH.
at el. This is considered the Bible of the indoor air quality and mold industry.
Covers health effects of mold, covers mold inspection and sampling, bacteria, dust mites and other allergens, general IAQ and much more. Is relied on heavily by myself and others in mold and IAQ issues and mold health related issues.
10) IICRC S 520
Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation
11) IICRC S 500
Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration
Quickly growing in popularity is relied on heavily by myself and others in remediation recommendations.
12) Field Guide for the Determination of Biological Contaminants in Environmental Samples
From the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Kenneth Dillon, Ph.D CIH,
Patrica A Heinsohn, Ph.D, CIH,
And J. David Miller, Ph.D.
This may be considered the authority on sampling materials and methods
For mold, bacteria, and allergens.
13) Construction Materials and Processes second edition
Don Watson A.I.A., F.C.S.I.Covers many construction materials and methods used during the last 50 years or so.
14) Profile of Airborne Fungi in Buildings and Outdoor Environments in the United States
PathCon Laboratories, Norcross, George
And Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta Georgia 30322
Study of the results of 9,619 indoor samples and 2,407 outdoor samples 12,026 fungal air samples total from around the United States. Gives ideas on what are typical and what are atypical indoor and outdoor spore levels and types.
Recent research by Advanced Energy and others indicates that a new type of crawl space system, with NO vents to the outside, can provide greatly improved moisture control and significant energy savings when properly installed.
16) Mold Prevention Strategies and Possible Health Effects in the Aftermath of Hurricanes and Major Floods
Discusses may issues related to mold including the health effects of mold, and the fact that toxic reactions to mold via inhalation is not proven and that sampling of mold is not needed in order to make remediation decisions. It discusses how water is the only significant limiting source for mold growth.
17) EPA’s list of Ten Things You Should Know about Mold http://www.epa.gov/mold/ten-things-you-should-know-about-mold
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture. 7. Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
18) New York City Health Department Assessment and Remediation of Fungi In Indoor Environments http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/downloads/pdf/epi/epi-mold-guidelines.pdf
Says the same thing as the CDC see # 16 above, and the EPA see # 17 above in regard to mold, mold sampling, mold health effects, and mold removal. The three leading and most non biased and most trusted sources of information on mold all are in total agreement.
19) Black Mold How Bad is It
http://www.floridamoldtesting.net/toxic-black-mold-how-bad-is-it.htm My own article discussing my views of toxic mold.